OK, work all done. Fortunately the 2 newly completed sections do not need any striping. You might recall the last time work was done along that stretch and Keeter it was about 3 months before the lane markings got added.
ROAD WORK - PROMINENCE PT PKY
It is a 2 day job, finished tomorrow.
Below is the reply.
Issue ID: 4354428
Submitted To: City of Canton
City of Canton Director of Public Works wrote:
"This project is being completed using the extra quantities (tons of asphalt) from the 2017 splost paving project.
When these jobs are bid, the quantity is a calculated but when we get in the field we usually find that we were a bit short or a bit over on our exact calculations.
In this case we had quantities remaining and were able to use that quantity to fix the troubled areas on Prominence Point.
The total for the 2017 Splost paving project was approximately $1.2 million (to pave multiple streets throughout the City, not just Prominence). The project is scheduled to be completed tomorrow."
REMEMBER TO VOTE MAY 22nd
This is the Primary where you can select who you want to run in the general election for your party. It isn't to late to get an 'absentee ballot', anyone can use this.
I sent off my vote 2 days ago.
HOLLY MILL VILLAGE DRIVE
66 Homes on this street.
Average Resident Age: 51
Average Income: 88.9 K
Average Property Value: $199 K
See some info on the various properties at this site:
Spokeo is a pay site but offers teaser info with a lot of ****’s, but even so you can do some basic research on this or other streets.
Costs to sign up run between $8 to $14.
For my property the info seems to be correct.
RE: Citi Data
Here is another site with lots of data about Holly Mill. I have this on my site already but it way down the blog, easier to just click on here: http://www.city-data.com/neighborhood/Holly-Mill-Canton-GA.html
The 'Mail In' ballots are out. Below is the ballot for the Republican Primary of May 22nd.
There is still time to sign up for and obtain one of these mail in ballots.
Looks like some work this summer on the deteriorating Prominence Point Parkway!
Sent: 4/6/2018 8:46:13 AM Eastern Standard Time
Subject: Re: From one of you campaign donors - action needed for Prominence Point Pky/Keeter Rd area
Good to hear from you Nick!
Since I emailed you the site ‘SeeClickFix’ has had this below input on the subject of that section of Prominence Point Parkway.
The work order that was issued was to put a temporary patch in the pot holes to keep the road passable. This road will be on our 2018 Paving list that will be presented to City Council in May, and will then be paved as quickly as possible from that time. The road obviously has a base failure that will require that section to be removed and built back from the base layer. Hopefully this answers your questions. We definitely understand your frustration and we are working to get this handled with a permanent solution.
Sent: 4/2/2018 3:37:32 PM Eastern Standard Time
Subject: From one of you campaign donors - action needed for Prominence Point Pky/Keeter Rd area
THE SOLICITOR GENERAL'S OFFICE:
• Prosecutes misdemeanor cases and violations of the county code in State and Magistrate Court, such as Simple and Family Violence Battery, Simple Assault, Stalking, Driving Under the Influence, Shoplifting, Abandonment of Minor Child and Criminal Trespass.
• Conducts bench trials, jury trials, and hearings in state court and represents the State in appellate matters.
• Negotiates pleas and may refer appropriate cases to Pretrial Intervention or Diversion Programs, when eligible, in lieu of a criminal conviction.
• Provides information, resources and support to victims of crime.
• May recommend sentences of up to twelve (12) months in jail, and up to $1,000 in fines and probation. ($5,000 for High and Aggravated Misdemeanors)
• May investigate charges, meet with the arresting officers, victims and interview witnesses to prepare for court proceedings.
• Prosecutes cases bound over from Municipal Courts in other Fulton County jurisdictions.
• Handles administrative hearings for welfare fraud and child abandonment cases.